Thank you for joining our first-ever Move for Kids' Sake event to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit! Whether you run, walk, skip, jump, or dance, we appreciate your support of youth in our community.
What is Big Brothers Big Sisters?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit's mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
Visit www.bbbsdetroit.org to learn more.
Where does the money raised go?
Every dollar raised will support youth in the Metro Detroit area through the life-changing, relationships created by Big Brothers Big Sisters. Your support provides resources focused on juvenile justice prevention, academic achievement, and social emotional health through a lens of social justice.
1. Visit the GM Cares event site to register: https://teamgmcares.cpi.gm.com/event/16059/details
2. Use the buttons on the right to donate, start a team, or sign up as an individual.
3. Choose Your Move! You can commit to run, walk, bike, dance, shoot hoops (or whatever activity strikes your fancy). Set your personal goal to move a certain number of days, hours, steps, miles… it’s up to you!
4. Set your fundraising goal. Think BIG! Earn a t-shirt for raising over $150 (adult) or $75 (youth, 17 years and younger).
5. Spread the word! Use the Move For Kids' Sake Participant Toolkit that you will receive in the registration process for fundraising tips and resources to ask friends, family, and co-workers to join you or support your efforts.
6. Win prizes! There will be drawings for those who reach their activity goals and prizes for top fundraisers.
Registration is NOW OPEN! You have between now and September 30 to meet your goals. There will be prizes for top fundraisers and drawings for participants who reach their activity goals.
Most importantly, have a great time and know that you are making a difference by igniting the power and promise of youth in Metropolitan Detroit.
Ready? Set? Let's get MOVING together!
Charles Jiang - email@example.com, (512) 820-9200
Eric Rayford - firstname.lastname@example.org, (248) 255-7815
or Cara Hopson - email@example.com, (313) 309-0500